Another awesome blogger, who has been gracious enough to feed my in my absence...she has an amazing array of recipes on her space!! Here is a great recipe(one that I have never tried before) So, here is Nithu from Nithu's Kitchen.
First of all, let me thank Meena for giving me this wonderful opportunity. This is my first guest post and I'm happy and excited about this. Today, I'm going to share one authentic dish "Idiyappam and Coconut Milk Kurma/Vellai Kurma". Idiyappam is my favourite food right from my childhood. My Mom used to make many varieties of Idiyappam. My most favourite is Idiyappam with kurma. I have already shared the Idiyappam preparation in my blog. You can see the method here. Now, for Coconut milk Kurma,
You Need :
1. Mixed cut Vegetable - 1/2 Cup
2. Coconut Milk - 1.5 Cups (unsweetened)
3. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
4. Green Chilly - 3 or adjust to you taste
5. Bay Leaf - 1
6. Cinnamon stick - 1
7. Saunf - 1/2 tsp
8. Garam Masala - 1 tsp (Optional)
9. Oil - 1/2 tbs
10. Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
11. Salt - Needed qty
1. Take oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, cinnamon and saunf.Fry for a minute.
2. Now, add the onion and green chillies. Fry well. Then add the other cut vegetables.
3. Simmer the stove.
4. Add garam masala to the vegetables. Saute for few minutes.(Optional)
5. Take 1/2 Cup of coconut milk. Add 1 Cup of water.
6. Add this to the vegetables. Add salt and allow the contents to cook.
7. After 5 minutes, dilute another 1/2 cup of coconut milk with 1/2 cup of water and add it to the contents in the pan.
8. Allow it to boil well till the vegetables get completely cooked.
9. Switch off the stove. Take out the pan from the stove and then add remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk and lemon juice.
10. Mix well.
11. Serve hot with Idiyappam.
Note : Try to use fresh coconut milk as far as possible.
Serves : 2
Hope you all like this kurma.
Thanks Meena once again...