Saturday, April 3, 2010

SPRING FEVER!!!!

Spring is in the air, the days are getting warmer....when I see all the signs of spring, I feel like celebrating the season. In fact, I would like to run through the grass, singing loudly...BUT STOP!! I am not like one of our Indian movie actresses, who celebrate the season thru song and dance, then I wonder what I can do to celebrate the season, that is practical...something that is practical and wont alarm my husband or make him think I am nuts:)))

Well, coming to the sensible ways to celebrate the season change, I have chosen to do some much-needed spring-cleaning in our house...some decluttering...lets see how far I progress with this noble intention...will keep you all updated. I also see the grocery stores filling up with seasonal fruits and vegs...fresh strawberries, pineapples, plums, peaches, corn...the variety is endless...well, the other practical way to take advantage of the changing seasons would be to use this lovely seasonal bounty in my dishes...so here is a light, refreshing springy dish my family and I enjoyed in the past few days...

The other way I decided to celebrate this season is to give my blog a light, springy template!
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY BLOGGER FRIENDS AND I WISH YOU A WONDERFUL SPRING TOO!!!
Recipe for light, fruity sundae:
Serves: 4
Prep/cook time: 7-10mins.

Ingredients:
Bananas - 2 cut finely
Pineapples - 1 cut finely
Plums and/or peaches - 3 cut in thin, round slices
Honey - 2 tbsp
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Dates - 1/2 cup sliced
Vanilla yoghurt (or vanilla icecream) - 2 cups
Milk - low fat - 1/4 cup

Method:
In a blender, puree cut bananas, pineapples, honey, vanilla and milk finely until you get a smooth sauce-like consistency.

In a serving glass,  arrange the sliced plums and/or peaches in a single layer at the bottom. Then, over that, spoon a layer of the icecream and then, a layer of the fruit puree.

Keep alternating couple more layers of the sliced fruit, icecream and  fruit puree.

Finally, garnish the top of the sundae with sliced dates.

Additionally, for a sweeter finish, you could drizzle some caramel sauce on top.

22 comments:

  1. woww... yummmyyyy dear.. truly best way to celebrate the onset of spring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe ..;-)like your post...yummy and mouthwatering sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy sundae, actually when u said u are not going to run like actors and actresses, I surely imagined u running with this Sundae in hand to offer me.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy..loved the new look of your blog too...looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Meena, you have a tag award waiting at my blog..
    http://www.nithubala.com/2010/04/tag-award-from-latha.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,looks and sounds so so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woww looks super delicious..tempting sundae Meena..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too tempting..very nice picture

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy easter....the suddae loooks too tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...the Sundae looks heavenly dear...very tempting click!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most of my friends already know I'm nuts so what the hell. Might as well go along with it...singing and dancing!

    This dessert looks delicious. Perfect for a warm spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Meena

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea of seasonal cleaning of the house. Would employ my husband to do the same :) BTW the ice cream looks great.
    Deepa
    http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blog looks very refreshing as does your fruit sundae.simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy the spring dear,lovely sundae.Very much luscious.Healthy ,rich n classic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new layout is pretty..so is the sundae :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely one meena..

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely looking blog thanks for visiting mine and great healthy sundae recipe

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  18. i wanna celeberate too :)...
    lovely recipe..yummy yumm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm the sundae looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy!! Love the new "springy" look of your blog..

    We have shared a few awards with you. Please stop by our space to collect them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for stopping by my space. Sundae looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails