Tuesday, January 19, 2010
My inspiration for Molten Chocolate Lava Cake came from the popular website - http://www.showmethecurry.com/
I adapted it to fit the label "healthful decadence" by reducing the quantity of butter and sugar from the original recipe. I can honestly say that chocolatey goodness oozes out, when you cut into it...HEAVEN!!!
This recipe is dedicated to my sister on her birthday since she is doing everything to eat right! And this is eating right to the hilt, ha ha!
I am putting this under the label Healthful Decadence, though it probably falls more under the category Decadent rather than Healthy!
Recipe for Molten Chocolate Lava Cake:
Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate – 4 oz (113g) or 1/2 cup
Butter – 3/4 of a stick
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1/4 cup
All-purpose Flour – 1/3 cup
Butter – for greasing ramekins
Prep time: 15 to 20 mins.
Cooking time: 10 to 15 mins.
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate (I would like to emphasize using the best quality chocolate...something like Ghirardelli or Scharrfen-Berger).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat Eggs and Sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Once chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and add in butter. Mix until the butter melts fully.
4. Add chocolate/butter mixture into the eggs, add all-purpose flour and mix until well incorporated.
5. Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (small glass/porcelain bowls) and pour in mixture about 3/4 way full.
6. Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C) for 10 – 15 minutes. Shorter for gooey (molten) inside, longer for stiff inside.
7. Serve hot with your favorite ice cream.